Spring is just around the corner, here are 5 Reasons you will go “twitterpated” for all natural wool.
Don’t get burned by synthetic knockoffs -especially important if your client has children or pets that will be playing on the rug. Wool is produced from the fleece of sheep. It is a natural fiber that is known for its strength, durability and luxurious softness. The high quality wools used in Amir Rug Gallery’s rugs come from New Zealand or Tibet. This is because their sheep produce high levels of lanolin. This natural substance enhances the fiber’s strength and texture.
1. NATURALLY SOLID & STAIN RESISTANT. Wool has a natural ability to resist staining and soiling. In fact it has more than a 30% higher rate of stain resistance than even the best synthetic fibers. It’s so good at resisting stains because of the natural light lanolin that coats the surface of the wool. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool leaving any soiling on or near the surface. 88% of spills in the home are water-based. Wool is water-repellent due to a fine natural protective layer. When liquid is spilled on your wool carpet, it will form beads on the surface, allowing time for you to blot them up before they can be absorbed and cause a stain. Wool’s natural soil and stain resistance allows for wool to require LESS CLEANING THAN SYNTHETICS.
2. NATURALLY FIRE RETARDANT. Wool is self extinguishing and doesn’t melt. Wool is the fiber of choice for casinos and airlines for this reason alone. Wool fibers won’t carry a flame, so they self-extinguish (unlike some synthetic fibers that burn like crazy). Because of this wool is an excellent choice for any room in your home and especially for children’s rooms.
3. Wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable. Wool is a way to be kind to Mother Earth. WOOL IS GREEN AND IS RECYCLABLE. Wool is HYPOALLERGENIC AND ORGANIC. Wool carpet comes off the sheep’s back and can be manufactured without any dyes or synthetic chemicals. The dyes that are used are made from vegetables. This also makes it hypoallergenic (for those not allergic to wool) and great for parents who are concerned about exposing their kids to chemicals.
4. Slightly higher initial cost is massively offset by product longevity and ease of maintenance. WOOL CARPET ACTUALLY COSTS LESS! A good handmade rug should last for a century or even two if properly taken care of. Handmade rugs can be repaired, even entire portions re-woven or knotted and almost any damage can be fixed. This is not the case in their machine made counter parts.
5. WOOL IS WARMER IN THE WINTER AND COOLER IN THE SUMMER. Wool naturally feels better, is more resilient, and helps moderate temperature and humidity in the home by absorbing and releasing moisture as needed. One way wool carpet might justify its cost is by reducing your heating and air conditioning bills. Wool is a great insulator, so it will limit the transfer of heat (or cool air) from the outside world into your home. They insulate rooms 10 times more than hardwood floors, thus reducing heating bills and making your home cozier and more comfortable.
Enjoy all these wonderful qualities of wool rugs and cuddle up with confidence on one of these beauties!